We have been steadily plugging away at our to-do list and I am happy to report that we are getting closer to being ready to bring Mini Miller home. We have 5 weeks until our due date.
We have taken a newborn care class, "Bringing Baby Home" class, and an intensive childbirth preparation class. We are also part of a Centering Group for expectant parents that meets once a month where we discuss different topics and concerns. The classes we have left are infant CPR and breastfeeding. Pete is also going to take a dads' class - I suppose what he learns there will have to be kept a secret from the moms? Well, I will let you know if I can get him to spill any info.
The baby's room is also shaping up nicely. All we have left to buy for furniture is the crib, but we aren't going to worry about that until after the baby's born, because we have a co-sleeper / bassinet for the baby to sleep in for the first couple months.
I think we are all set for clothes and supplies as well. We even have a car seat, which means the hospital will actually let us leave with the baby.
We have been very fortunate to have had a couple baby showers thrown by dear friends and for that we are thankful - we would be nowhere near ready if not for our friends' and families' generosity. So thank you all again!! We couldn't do it without you. And more importantly it means so much to us to know that we have such great support and that the baby will be born into a world where he/she is already loved by so many!
Also special thanks to Dan for hanging up some shelves for us - you have saved us from certain disaster.
Kathy and Angelo's wedding
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment