Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy 5 Month Birthday Margo!















Things are a lot different from last time I wrote. I have gone back to work (on April 20) and Margo has started daycare. Things are going well so far. I think Margo has already adjusted to her new school and seems to really enjoy it! She doesn't even cry when I drop her off. She plays with other babies, really likes her teacher, and even drinks from a bottle! We tried for months to get her to take a bottle and she held out right down to the wire -- she finally drank a whole ounce from Pete about 3 weeks before she was going to start daycare. Hooray for Pete's persistence, and thanks to those of you who helped us in our quest!


On my end, it's a hard transition but I am lucky: my boss has encouraged me to ease in gradually (instead of just tossing me back into the fray, which happens a lot I hear). She's also very supportive and is allowing me to have a flexible schedule at first so I can spend time with Margo in the afternoon and then do some work in the evenings after Margo goes to bed. I am so grateful for this!


Margo is grabbing more things. She can roll from her tummy to her back. She frequently turns from her back onto her side, and it seems that any minute she's going to just keep rolling and end up on her stomach -- we'll see! We've had a breakthrough with tummy time lately; she's more into it and one day at school she did it for 30 minutes without fussing!


We've also had improvements in the land of sleep. Margo will now go down for her nap without bouncing on the yoga ball forever first. She has graduated from sucking on both hands at once to usually just one thumb. She's learning so much and is such a sweetheart! She likes to chatter to us.


Margo had a good 4-month check-up. As of April 8 she was 12 1/2 pounds. She can now wear some 6-month clothes, but also can still fit into some of her 3-month items.


Spring has arrived in Seattle and we're excited for Margo to start exploring more and more.


Latest photos are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolynPeteMargo/Margo8

Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

momster said...

We are counting down the days 'til we see you all!