I had a fabulous Mother's Day last weekend. Margo woke up at 5 so I fed her, and then I got to go back to bed until 7:45 while she hung out with Pete!
THEN we walked to the bagel shop. We got bagels and cream cheese and coffee. And I got an almond latte at Starbucks for the walk home.
THEN Pete went to the grocery store and bought all our groceries for the coming week.
THEN we went to Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard and got burgers and fries to go. YUM x 100 is all I can say.
THEN Suzanne stopped by and brought flowers and mini chocolate peanut butter cups!
THEN Margo gave me a little frog bell and fried-green-tomato-scented candle she'd picked out for me. She chose the frog bell because we have lots of frog moments together, playing with her frog rattle (that I used to think was a fish and sometimes I forget and still call it a fish), and bouncing in her frog bouncy seat.
THEN Pete gave me some awesome books, including the Elizabeth Strout book of short stories that just won the Pulitzer Prize (which I'm reading now and it's really good).
THEN we watched Curb Your Enthusiasm and ate Cherry Garcia ice cream.
Have you ever heard of a better day than this? I think not!
Happy belated Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!
Kathy and Angelo's wedding
14 years ago
2 comments:
Awesome Mother's Day!
cpt- sounds like a great day! i love mother's day. it's good to bask in all of the glory!
margo is so sweet!! i love the pics.
hope work and daycare are going well. it is so hard. it's nice though to have a helpful boss!
hope you all are well.
courtney
Post a Comment